- Don WinkSenior Pastor224-655-7200
Pastor Don came to Atonement in January, 1999. Prior to becoming a pastor, he worked in business to business sales for three technology companies. He attended seminary at the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago and also has degrees from Southern Methodist University in Texas and Northwestern's Kellogg Graduate School of Management.
At Atonement, his primary responsibilities are leading a very able staff and volunteer leadership core, and carrying half of the teaching schedule during Sunday services. He is humbled by the gifts and passion of Atonement's members and within the wider community, and welcomes the challenge of leading through influence.
Pastor Don is married to Joy Wink. They have three children: Natalie, Josh and Olivia. Their household also includes Joy's mother, Barbara, and two absolutely useless cats. He enjoys cooking, maintaining health and fitness (especially through golf and paddle tennis), music, and time with friends.
- Paul VanDeBergAssociate Pastor224-655-7202
Pastor Paul grew up in Fredericksburg and Sumner, Iowa.After a typical small-town Iowa upbringing, he attended Wartburg College in Waverly, Iowa and received his Bachelor’s of Music Education/Music Therapy in 1997. Pastor VanDeBerg then went to the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago and received a Masters of Divinity in 2002.
He has served as pastor of Bethania Lutheran Church in Racine, WI from 2002 to 2007.During his time in Racine Pastor Paul discovered that he has a gift for reaching out to children and youth and wanted to pursue that specific type of ministry.
In 2007 he joined our pastoral team at Lutheran Church of the Atonement as youth and family minister, focusing on elementary and High School youth. "Our kids have a great deal of pressure and difficulty to navigate as they grow." says Pastor Paul. He believes that a Christ-centered approach to life can equip our kids to handle these pressures and grow into strong, faithful, and confident adults who are ready to make a positive difference in the world.
Pastor Paul is married to Sara VanDeBerg (also serving on the Pastoral Staff at Atonement) and is the proud father of three children: Anna, Isaac, and Eli.
- Sara VanDeBergAssociate Pastor224-655-7203
Pastor Sara VanDeBerg serves as Associate Pastor of Biblical Engagement. She loves learning, teaching, and connecting with people of all ages, and seeing them connect the word of God to their lives. She is married to Pastor Paul VanDeBerg, and they have three children.
Pastor VanDeBerg was ordained in 2002 and served as a solo pastor in Racine, WI before joining our pastoral team in October 2007. Prior to that, she earned her M.Div. from the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago, and her B.A. in Religion and German from Illinois Wesleyan University in downstate Bloomington.
- Charisse JensenAssociate Pastor224-655-7212Pastor Charisse serves as our Minister of Serving Others, a role designed to build ministry teams that help our members and friends serve at and through Atonement, expand our reach as a servant church to the Barrington area and beyond, and facilitate spiritual growth toward spontaneous serving in the lives of our members. She also shares in worship leadership, teaching, and pastoral care.Raised in North Dakota, Pastor Charisse is incredibly proud of her heritage and Scandinavian traditions. She is a 2014 graduate of Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago after a 20-year career with the YMCA. She is a coffee aficionado and enjoys spending time outdoors gardening or riding motorcycle with her husband, Jon. They have two sons; Erik who is in his final year of Nursing school and Leif, a professional bee keeper.
- Ann PrideMinister of Care in Community224-655-7210
Ann and her family have been members at Atonement since 2000 after being drawn by the Christian care and friendship they received here during difficult times.
Ann previously worked as a coronary care nurse at Northwest Community Hospital and left to raise her family during which time she volunteered at school, in the community and at church.
In 2005, she joined the staff at Atonement part-time in the areas of Outreach and Fellowship. She is currently Minister of Care in Community, and sits on the advisory board for “A Day Out” Adult Respite Care. She also is on the board of the Jeffrey Pride Foundation for Pediatric Cancer Research.
Ann and her husband Jim have 2 grown daughters, Amy and Lisa, who reside in Chicago.
- Mary WilliamsMinister of Community Formation224-655-7211
Mary and her family have been at Atonement since 1995. Over the years she has directed the mid-week youth program, served on the executive committee of the church council, facilitated confirmation small groups and other various adult classes. She joined the staff on a part-time basis in 2005 as the Minister of Community Formation. Her responsibilities include welcoming and following up with guests, facilitating new member classes and helping connect new members to ministries and programs, and assisting with other church-wide events.
Elected Lay Leaders