As a ministry of the Lutheran Church of the Atonement, Atonement Christian Day School (ACDS) opened its doors in the fall of 1995. Our primary aim is to provide a loving and safe environment for children, which fosters a strong spiritual foundation and an enthusiasm for learning. Incorporating the teachings of Jesus into everyday life, we seek to enhance the self-esteem and well being of all children in our programs. Emphasis is also placed on creating lifelong learners by encouraging exploration, curiosity and discovery. A strong sensitivity to the needs of the whole child provides the forum for personal growth and achievement.
ACDS is open to children ages seven weeks to seven years from the community as well as from our congregation. We are licensed by the state of Illinois to operate as a traditional Part Day preschool as well as a year-round Full Day preschool with extended hours. Governed by a board comprised of dedicated Congregation members, staff and parents, ACDS staff continually strive to provide a well-rounded program.
A respect for each child as a unique creation of God is at the core of our curriculum. Professional and dedicated staff model the love of Jesus and share his vision of peace, joy and community. Through prayer, Bible stories, religious songs, service projects and discussion, children learn fundamental Christian values. Every day, in a safe and comfortable environment, each child has experiences that enhance self-esteem and personal growth through positive social interactions.
At Atonement Christian Day School:
- Children master valuable self-help skills.
- Children learn to respect themselves, each other and the environment.
- Play sets the stage for learning in which children may imitate, explore, test ideas, acquire information, and draw conclusions.
- Children enjoy a multi-sensory way of learning.
- Emphasis is placed on creating lifelong learners by encouraging exploration, curiosity and discovery.
- Children experience hands on science and math.
- The Preschool Curriculum is designed and implemented to meet and exceed the Illinois Early Childhood Education Standards set by the Illinois Department of Education. *
Sunday Worship Services:
- 9:00 AM – Traditional
- 10:30 AM – Contemporary
- Nursery offered at both services
Sunday School (preK – 5th grade): 8:45am, begins September 17, 2023